Sarek and Amanda Archive, a Star Trek: The Original Series fanfiction archive, has been imported to the Archive of Our Own (AO3).
In this post:
- A bit of background explanation
- What this means for creators who had work(s) on the Sarek and Amanda Archive
- And what to do if you still have questions
The original archive, formerly located at shaw.ca, was dissolved, so the archive was moved to AO3 in its entirety with the authors’ permissions.
Open Doors has been working with Selek to formalise the import of Sarek and Amanda Archive into a separate, searchable collection on the Archive of Our Own.
We will send an import notification to the email address we have for each creator. We’ll do our best to check for any duplicated copies of the imported works. If we find a copy already on the AO3, we will remove the duplicate copy attached to the archivist account. All works archived on behalf of a creator will include their name in the byline or the summary of the work.
Please contact Open Doors with your Sarek and Amanda Archive pseud(s) and email address(es), if:
- You have an AO3 account and have imported your works already yourself.
- You would like your imported works removed from the AO3.
- You are happy for us to preserve your works on the AO3, but would like us to remove your name.
- You have any other questions we can help you with.
Please include the name of the archive in the subject heading of your email. If you no longer have access to the email account associated with your Sarek and Amanda Archive account, please contact Open Doors and we’ll help you out. (If you’ve posted the works elsewhere, or have an easy way to verify that they’re yours, that’s great; if not, we will work with the Sarek and Amanda Archive mod to confirm your claims.)
We’d also love it if fans could help us preserve the story of Sarek and Amanda Archive on Fanlore. If you’re new to wiki editing, no worries! Check out the new visitor portal, or ask the Fanlore Gardeners for tips.
We’re excited to be able to help preserve Sarek and Amanda Archive!
– The Open Doors team and Selek