This position is only accepting applications from current OTW volunteers
Position Title: Fanlore Graphics Designer
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Committee/Workgroup/Volunteer Pool: Fanlore Committee
Reports to: Fanlore Committee Chair
Time Requirements: Flexible, 2-3 hours per week
Term: 1 Year
Role overview: Fanlore Graphics Designers design graphics for Fanlore’s outreach initiatives (e.g. social media features, editing challenges, infographics, visual tutorials) and work closely with Fanlore’s Social Media & Outreach team to devise ways of reaching out to new corners of fandom. They may also be called upon to help reformat and modify images uploaded to Fanlore.
- Create graphics to be published on Fanlore’s social media channels, primarily Twitter and Tumblr.
- Create graphics (such as banners and badges) for Fanlore’s editing challenges.
- Contribute ideas and initiatives to increase Fanlore’s social media presence and outreach, with a focus on graphics and/or visuals.
- Attend regular meetings and participate in discussions.
- Reformat and modify images uploaded to Fanlore upon request (e.g. blurring image sections to comply with identity protection requests).
- Follow Fanlore graphics policies.
- Experience with graphic design (e.g. fanart, manips, Tumblr layouts or other visual fanworks) required.
- Social media experience highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the Fanlore wiki is desirable, but not required.
Skills and attributes
- Reliability; ability to work within a set deadline.
- Good communication skills.
- Flair for collaboration and working as part of a team.
- Ability to both receive and give constructive criticism pertaining to graphics.
- Willingness to learn about the OTW, Fanlore, and our policies and procedures.
- Must read and agree to Fanlore’s graphics guidelines.