Position Title: TWC Symposium Editor
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Reports to: TWC Chair
Term: 1 year
Time requirements: Continuous availability to answer email, 0-3 hours of work per week
Role Overview: Transformative Works and Cultures is an international peer-reviewed Gold Open Access online publication about fan-related topics, promoting dialogue between the academic community and fan communities. Symposium editors solicit submissions from contributors and manage completion, peer review and revision of Symposium submissions.
- Solicit manuscripts for the Symposium section.
- Review the manuscripts.
- Keep Symposium authors informed about overall progress.
- Maintain frequent and steady contact with Symposium authors and potential authors.
- Provide guidance, advice and formal feedback to Symposium authors throughout revisions.
- Communicate with Journal editors about progress.
- Familiarity with academic writing and interaction desired.
- Familiarity with fan discourses desired.
Skills and attributes:
- Proactive in networking in the fan community to find and solicit new contributions for TWC.
- Approachability and quick turnaround for inquiries.
- Able to communicate in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Time management skills.
- Symposium editors will be trained in committee tools and Open Journal Systems.