Position Title: Fanlore Graphics Designer
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Committee/Workgroup/Volunteer Pool: Fanlore Committee
Reports to: Fanlore Committee Chair
Time Requirements: Flexible, 1-2 hours per week
Term: 1 Year
Role overview: The Fanlore Graphics Designer will help design graphics to accompany Fanlore announcements, social posts (Tumblr, Twitter and Dreamwidth) and challenges. They will also help reformat and modify images uploaded to Fanlore. They may prepare other images as needed to help promote Fanlore on social media.
- Create graphics and banners for Tumblr posts, Fanlore announcements, and tweets.
- Create banners and badges for Fanlore’s challenges.
- Contribute with ideas and initiatives to increase Fanlore’s social media presence and outreach, with a focus on graphics and/or visuals.
- Attend meetings and participate in Fanlore discussions.
- Reformat and modify images uploaded to Fanlore upon request (e.g. blurring image sections to comply with identity protection requests).
- Follow Fanlore graphics policies.
- Experience with graphic design (including fanart, manips, Tumblr layouts and other visual fanworks) required.
- Social media experience desirable.
- Familiarity with the Fanlore wiki is desirable, but not required.
Skills and attributes
- Reliability; ability to work within a set deadline.
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to learn about the OTW, Fanlore, and our policies and procedures.
- Must read and agree to Fanlore’s graphics guidelines.