Position Title: Elections Committee Volunteer: Team Coordinator
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Committee: Elections Committee
Reports to: Elections Chair
Time requirements: 5+ hours per week
Term: 1 year
Elections volunteers assist the Elections Chairs in tasks related to OTW Board elections. Team Coordinators are the organizers and administrators of the committee. They are responsible for maintaining the committee’s records and developing new administrative procedures as needed. They also keep track of the committee’s internal documentation to ensure it is up to date, in coordination with other committee volunteers. All Elections volunteers assist in committee-wide activities and basic level tasks in addition to the work in relation to their specializations.
Elections Committee volunteers are not allowed to run for election for the year they serve in, nor to be a current member of the Board of Directors.
- Identify areas where admin procedures do not exist and ensure they are developed and documented.
- Maintain and update existing admin procedures.
- Post the weekly meeting post and agenda.
- Schedule team meetings.
- Take minutes at meetings, or assign another volunteer to do so in their absence.
- Maintain the committee schedule.
- Complete the internal newsletter post each month.
- Maintain the task list and inspect it regularly for overlooked or past due items.
General Committee Responsibilities:
- Participate in the writing of newsposts, announcements and documentation.
- Participate in discussions about the elections process.
- Prior experience working to deadlines is required
- Prior experience running small organizations or activities (fannish or not) is a plus.
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant or similar position is a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Reliability on deadlines
- Interest in administrative tasks
- Willingness to give and accept critique of written work
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality and neutrality requirements of the committee
Elections Committee volunteers will receive training in OTW Tools and procedures following the Elections Committee Volunteer Training Plan.