Position Title: Elections Committee Staff: Voting Process Architect
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Committee: Elections Committee
Reports to: Elections Chair
Time requirements: 5+ hours per week
Term: 1 year
Role Overview: Voting Process Architects assist the Election Chair(s) in setting up, running, and determining the results of an election. They also validate the results or the voting software using basic Python scripts. All elections staff assist in committee-wide activities and basic level tasks in addition to the work in relation to their specializations.
Elections Committee staff are not allowed to run for election for the year they serve in, nor to be a current member of the Board of Directors.
- Help upload data to the site where elections are run.
- Monitor the beginning and end of the election to ensure that it runs correctly and stops on time.
- Execute basic Python scripts to validate the results of the election software.
- Make recommendations to the Elections Chair about secure procedures for administrating an election.
- Work with the Election Chair to review existing software and processes on an annual basis.
- Upkeep and documentation of Python scripts
- Documentation of Elections processes
- Securely clean up data at the end of an election
General Committee Responsibilities:
- Attend at least two-thirds of all Elections Committee meetings.
- Participate in the writing of newsposts, announcements, and documentation.
- Participate in discussions about the elections process.
- Prior experience as a software developer, software architect, or quality assurance tester
- Prior experience coordinating the technical aspects of an election
- Related experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Python in order to execute and edit basic scripts
- A good understanding of the English language
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality and neutrality requirements of the committee
- A good understanding of software security best practices
- Attention to detail
- Reliability on deadlines
Elections Committee Staff will receive training in OTW Tools and procedures following the Elections Committee Staff Training Plan.