Position Title: Communications Site Moderator
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Committee/Workgroup: Communications Committee
Reports to: Communications Chair(s)
Time Requirements: 5-7 hours per week
Term: 1 year
Site Moderators are responsible for creating or collecting content for a specific OTW News outlet, and engaging and replying to followers at that site.
- Regular engagement with followers (as appropriate to the platform).
- Understanding of OTW’s internal organization, functions, and activities.
- Delivery of timely responses to user enquiries as submitted through the platform. This may involve liaising with Chairs of your own or other committees in order to ensure that accurate information is being relayed.
- Curation of content for the social media platform in line with Org guidance.
- Maintaining awareness of discussions on the platform relevant to the OTW and its mission.
- Regular communication with fellow Communications volunteers and site moderators
- Contribution to discussions of policy and documentation involving site moderation
- Commitment to following committee guidelines on site content and interaction with users.
- Experience with blogging and social media required. Experience in public relations or customer service preferred.
- Prior OTW experience not required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Daily availability for user response.
- Ability to work independently on tasks.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication skills, with an understanding and awareness of social media trends.
- Commitment to diversity in content development.
- Familiarity with one or more of the OTW news outlet platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LiveJournal, Dreamwidth, Weibo, LinkedIn, Instagram) required; knowledge of best practices or experience in social media from an organizational perspective preferred.
New Communications volunteers will be provided information and training by the Communications Chair(s) in each of the following areas:
- OTW Basics – OTW & committee tools
- Role Requirements – Policy Guidelines and How To for specific site being moderated.