Position Title: Communications Posting Specialist
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Reports to: Communications Chair(s)
Time Requirements: 4-5 hours a week
Term: 1 year
Role overview: The Posting Specialist keeps the Communications post release schedule on track, ensures that all content is available on time, and rotates posting assignments among other volunteers.
- Distributes post content to OTW News platforms.
- Maintains Communications Committee calendar on Basecamp
- Assigns posts to graphics volunteers.
- Communicates with volunteers in regard to their availability for distributing posts.
- Tracks completion of all content relating to posts, including graphics
- Maintains “How to post” documentation.
- Experience with blogging, social media, and scheduling tasks required.
- Prior OTW experience not required.
Skills and attributes:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with one or more of the OTW news outlet platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LiveJournal, Dreamwidth); knowledge of best practices or experience in social media from an organizational perspective preferred.
- Flexibility in learning posting practices on new social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently on tasks.
Training requirements: New Communications volunteers will be provided information and training by the Communications Chair(s) in accordance with the Communications Training Plan.