Position Title: Communications Graphics Volunteer
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Committee/Workgroup/Volunteer Pool: Communications
Reports to: Communications Chair(s); Volunteers coordinating assigned project
Time Requirements: Flexible; on average 1-2 hours per week
Term: 1 year
Role overview: Graphics Volunteers assist with projects related to the operations of the committee on an as-needed basis. Volunteers may help with designing and creating graphics or developing materials related to special projects under the direction of volunteers from the Communications Committee.
- Create banners and graphics for use on OTW websites and social media outlets.
- Create infographics and other images for various OTW events as requested.
- Follow the committee’s Graphics Guidelines policy.
- Communicate with other Comms volunteers in regard to their progress on assigned tasks and projects.
- Communicate with chair(s) in regard to their availability for projects and committee work.
- Graphics volunteers are not required to attend committee meetings, though they are welcome to do so.
- Experience with graphic design or digital fan art required.
- Prior OTW experience not required.
Skills and attributes: Based on current projects, the skills the committee is seeking include:
- Demonstrated interest and ability in designing and creating graphics or digital artwork.
- Familiarity with graphic design software such as Photoshop or GIMP
- Ability to create vector graphics preferred
- Familiarity with one or more of the OTW news outlet platforms (OTW website, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LiveJournal, Dreamwidth, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Ability to work independently on tasks within the scope of a larger project.
Training requirements: New Communications Volunteers will be provided information and training by the Communications Chair(s) in each of the following areas:
- OTW Basics – OTW & committee tools
- Role Requirements – information specific to the tasks and/or project to which the volunteer is assigned