Position Title: AO3 Documentation Committee Staff
Committee: AO3 Documentation Committee
Reports to: AO3 Documentation Committee Chairs
Time Requirements: 2-6 hours a week.
Term: 1 Year
Role overview: AO3 Documentation Committee staff collaboratively write, review, and maintain AO3 user-facing documentation, such as the FAQs and Tutorials, and provide support to other AO3 committees with their documentation when needed.
- Write, review, and maintain the AO3 FAQs, tutorials, and other user-facing help documentation in collaboration with other AO3 Documentation committee members.
- Write, review, and maintain internal committee documentation.
- Select and work on tasks in accordance with committee workflow.
- Track coding developments to determine need for new or revised documentation.
- Test new and existing AO3 features to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Proactively identify and create updates for missing and/or outdated information.
- Identify, discuss, and apply best practices for clear and accessible technical writing.
- Participate in discussions regarding committee policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Communicate with chairs about availability and any issues that arise that may impact work.
- Personal experience using AO3 required.
- Experience in writing and proofreading/copy-editing documentation preferred (amateur experience qualifies).
- Collaborative editing experience desirable.
Skills and attributes:
- Proficiency in technical writing in English.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to complete projects within a reasonable time period.
- Ability to accept and give constructive criticism.
- Ability to proactively identify needs and present ideas for improvement.
- Knowledge of best documentation practices helpful.
- Knowledge of writing accessible web content helpful.
- Staff will be trained in the required tools, tasks, and policies.