Transformative Works and Cultures has released issue number 28, our 10th anniversary issue! The essays in this issue focus on the Future of Fandom. Each issue includes articles representing theory, fannish meta, and book reviews, such as the following:
- Eric Andrew James on Pokémon and Twitch.
- Dorothy Lau on Donnie Yen in amateur-produced YouTube vids.
- Melissa A. Hofmann on Johnlock meta.
- Casey Fiesler on AO3 and owning the servers.
The next issue of TWC, No. 29, is Fans of Color, Fandoms of Color, guest edited by Abigail De Kosnik and andré carrington. It will appear on March 15, 2019.
TWC’s current calls for papers include the following three issues:
- Fan Studies Methodologies, papers due January 1, 2019.
- Fandom and Politics, papers due January 1, 2019.
- Fandom and Theatre, papers due January 15, 2020.
We particularly invite fans to submit Symposium articles.
We accept on a rolling basis submissions for our general issues, which always appear on September 15.