Transformative Works and Cultures has released No. 25. The essays in this general-topic issue focus on book history, women’s writing, Teen Wolf, World of Warcraft, Sherlock, and cosplay, among other topics. Each issue includes articles representing theory, fannish meta, and book reviews, such as the following:
- Rereading Superman as a trans f/man by Dan Vena
- Milk and mythology in Singin’ in the Rain by Kelli Marshall
- A review by Kathryn Hemmann of the book Anime fan communities: Transcultural flows and frictions
The next issue of TWC, No. 26, is “Social TV Fandom and the Media Industries,” guest edited by Myles McNutt. It will appear on March 15, 2018. No. 27 is “Tumblr and Fandom,” guest edited by Lori Morimoto, Louisa Stein, and Allison McCracken. It will appear on June 15, 2018.
We welcome new submissions for TWC’s 10-year anniversary issue, “The Future of Fandom” (papers due 1/15/18). We particularly invite fans to submit Symposium articles.
TWC’s current calls for papers include the following 2018 and 2019 issues:
- Romance/Fans: Sexual Fantasy, Love, & Genre in Fandom (papers due 12/31/17).
- The Future of Fandom (papers due 1/15/18).
- Fans of Color, Fandoms of Color (papers due 3/1/18).
We accept on a rolling basis submissions for our general issues, which always appear on September 15.