The Archive of Our Own (AO3) welcomes Table for Three, a Harry Potter archive dedicated to the Harry/Ron/Hermione ship!
In this post:
- A bit of background explanation
- What this means for creators who have work on Table for Three
- And what to do if you still have questions
Table for Three was founded as the definitive archive dedicated to the Harry Potter Trio Ship, featuring stories in which Harry, Hermione and Ron are involved with each other romantically. (This may be best summed up by a note on the homepage: If you’re looking for the three primary characters of “Harry Potter” in a great writhing puppy pile, you’ve got to the right place.)
In recent years, traffic and submissions to the archive have dwindled to near-non existence, and it’s become difficult for the mod to justify the considerable expense of keeping the archive open. To prevent these works from being lost, he contacted Open Doors to give them a new home on the Archive of Our Own.
Open Doors will be working with Jonathan Andrew Sheen, the archive mod, to import Table for Three into a separate, searchable collection with its own identity. Eventually the links going to the old site will re-direct to the collection on AO3 so the works can continue to be found with their old URLs. We will begin importing works from Table for Three to the AO3 collection in March 2015.
This is the part where we ask for your help!
1. If you already have an AO3 account and have posted your Table for Three works there, please contact Open Doors with your Table for Three pseud(s) and e-mail address(es), so that we won’t import your works. (For instructions on mass-adding works to the new collection on the AO3, Table for Three, please see the Open Doors website.)
2. If you don’t have an AO3 account but would like one to import your works yourself, please contact Open Doors with your Table for Three pseud(s), and the preferred e-mail address to send the AO3 invite to. (For instructions on importing works and adding them to the Table for Three collection, please see the Open Doors website.)
3. If you don’t already have an AO3 account but would like one, as well as assistance importing your works, please contact Open Doors with your Table for Three pseud(s), and the preferred e-mail address to send the AO3 invite to. (Once your account is set up, let us know your AO3 name, and we can transfer your works to you.)
4. If you would NOT like your works moved, please contact Open Doors with your Table for Three pseud(s) and e-mail address(es) so that we will not add them. (If you would not mind them being preserved but do not want your name attached to them any longer, please let us know that too–we can orphan your works instead of leaving them behind to be deleted.)
All works archived on a creator’s behalf will be attributed with the creator’s name in the byline of the work. As we import works, we will e-mail notifications to the address associated with the work. When all works have been accounted for, the Open Doors committee will set up the URL redirects, and we will permanently close down the site.
All imported works will be set to be viewable only by logged-in AO3 users. Once you claim your works, you can make them publicly-viewable if you choose. After 30 days, all unclaimed imported works will be made visible to all visitors.
If you no longer have access to the email account associated with your Table for Three account, please contact Open Doors and we’ll help you out. (If you’ve posted the works elsewhere, or have an easy way to verify that they’re yours, that’s fantastic; if not, we will work with the Table for Three mod to confirm your claims.)
If you still have questions…
We’d also love it if fans could help us preserve the story of Table for Three on Fanlore. If you’re new to wiki editing, no worries! Check out the new visitor portal, or ask the Fanlore Gardeners for tips.
We’re excited to be able to help preserve Table for Three!
– The Open Doors team