Welcome to our Events Calendar roundup for the month of December! The Events Calendar can be found on the OTW website
As this will be the final Events Calendar post of the year we’d like to encourage everyone to submit events for 2014 as our calendar’s looking a little bare!
In addition to face-to-face events we are also open to entries about online events, such as announcements of fanwork fests and challenges, as well as our usual categories of fan-related conventions, academic or technology events.
New ideas and categories are encouraged! If you know about any upcoming fan events please let us know!
- Con+Alt+Delete is a brand new anime convention in Chicago, Illinois! C+A+D is happening December 13-15, 2013 at the Sheraton Hotel in Lisle, Illinois. If you love Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh, Lolita Fashion, Homestuck, My Little Pony, Sci-Fi, or Video Games this is the event for you. Cosplay is encouraged!
- If you are looking to supports charities, such as Toys for Tots and to attend a holiday themed anime, comic and cosplay convention look no further than Holiday Matsuri in Orlando, FL on Dec 13-15.
- Comic Fiesta is Malaysia’s largest and longest-running animation, comics and games convention. Comic Fiesta is the first and biggest non-profit convention of its kind in Malaysia, organised by a group of passionate individuals brought together by one common goal, and powered by a massive community of professionals, amateurs and enthusiasts of all age groups. It’s being held 21–22 December 2013 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
- A holiday that has worked its way into several fandoms (and built up one of its own), Festivus, will once again be celebrated worldwide on December 23rd. Originally created by Daniel O’Keefe in the 1960s, the holiday gained mainstream popularity after being featured on the television sitcom Seinfeld.
- Lunds University is hosting the Producers and Audiences, International conference 2014 They are looking for submission in the three areas of enquiry in media, communication and cultural studies: relations between producers and audiences; theories, methods and practices; and creative content for contemporary mediascapes. 300 word abstracts in English are due by December 9th 2013.
The OTW encourages anyone to submit an event that’s not already listed, and to check out the events calendar throughout the year!