ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
14 September 2013, 0:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Cat Meier, Franzeska Dickson, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, Nikisha Sanders
GUESTS: Lady Oscar
ABSENT: Eylul Dogruel
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved a new staffer for Communications.
1. Development & Membership have set the dates of the October drive; it will be October 1-7. Andrea shared that the Ada Initiative is having a fundraising knowledge sharing conference call on October 1 and that if anyone from DevMem or the Board is interested, they’re welcome to attend.
2. Translation wants to give a shoutout to AD&T and to Scott for code that will help with translating FAQs. Translation’s roles/goals discussion has been quiet this week, but, next weekend, they’ll be having a chat meeting that volunteers are also invited to, and they’re also working on a volunteer re-up survey.
3. Communications updates from Claudia: Things have been going ok for now on the Comms front. My main task in the past month has been getting our graphics folks into a routine and this has been working out fairly well. We’ve certainly gotten some good work in that time. I’ve also been talking regularly with mumble for various reasons. They are developing two new post types — AO3 Mail Bag (which kicked off this week) and AO3 Unlocked. The former will address frequent requests we get for AO3 features or changes, and the second will provide tips for better use of the site. At the moment mumble has been developing these though we expect that our liaisons will help out when we get them in place. Comms was recently approved for two staffers to serve as AD&T-Comms liaisons, and expect to spend some time training them up.
4. Finance update:
Expenses for the week included colocation fees, Campfire, and bank fees. There will be some large expenses for Systems equipment purchases coming in the next few weeks.
5. Update on Board Documentation Project: We now have first drafts of all role docs and are very close to having first drafts of all Phase 1 docs. We reviewed upcoming deadlines and discussed the desirability of sticking to plain language whenever possible.
6. Update on discussion of possible contractor relationship.
7. Update on review of proposed Archive of Our Own TOS/FAQ revisions. The deadline for Board members to sign off is Monday.
1. Discussion of Communications video project.
2. Discussion of in-person Board meeting. We are developing an FAQ, budget, and agenda in preparation for an internal announcement of the meeting. We discussed possible FAQ and agenda items, as well as plans for the fundraising meetup.
The meeting was adjourned at 02:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 12 December 2013.