ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
7 December 2013, 0:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson,
Ira Gladkova, Nikisha Sanders
GUESTS: Lady Oscar, sarken
ABSENT: Kristen Murphy
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved a new co-chair for Translation.
2. Approved a proposal from Volunteers & Recruiting to move the volunteer database from internal hosting to a third-party database service which will offer improved stability and security.
1. Elections update: The information post was published a few days ago. There were some concerns raised in response, which hopefully the replies have addressed. The nomination post will go out today.
2. Eylul has talked with Systems about trying RT as a possible issue tracking system for the Board, as was discussed at the in-person meeting. In the short term, it isn’t possible to install a second RT system for us, but it may be possible to set up a private Board queue within the existing system. Eylul will follow up on this and, if we’re able to get a private queue, will do some testing once elections business is less urgent.
3. Finance update:
Start of Term 30-Nov 6-Dec Difference from 30 Nov-6 Dec
BoA 47,251.14 144,593.41 143,821.34 (772.07)
PayPal 28,993.82 14,437.03 15,968.99 1,531.96
CD 10,083.52 10,117.16 10,117.16 0.00
Total 86,328.48 169,147.60 169,907.49 759.89
The major expenses in the last week were for various colocation and web
hosting services, mail forwarding, and Basecamp.
A committee chair inquired over e-mail about possible funding for sending
staff to trainings. Finance will follow up on this in January when things
are less busy for the committee in question, and may also put out a call
to all committees to come forward to discuss possible funding needs,
options, and procedures.
Between normal expenses remaining for the year, and possibly the next
server order, we’re on track to finish the year with about $125,000 in the
bank, plus the PayPal balance and CD.
4. Andrea will contact Communications to request a posting slot for the
Berkeley meeting follow-up post for next week. If anyone wants to get in
any last minute edits or comments, now is the time.
1. Discussion of a confidential personnel issue.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:15 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 24 January 2014.