ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 31 January 2015, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Cat Meier
• Eylul Dogruel
• Jessica Steiner
• M. J. MacRae
GUESTS: • Bella Xu
• Kristina Busse
• Lady Oscar
• Priscilla Del Cima
ABSENT: Andrea Horbinski (scheduled), Soledad Griffin
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved signing onto an amicus brief in the case of Davis v. Electronic Arts.
1. Finance update
10-Jan-15 31-Jan-15 Change
Checking 275091.85 273992.98 -1098.87
PayPal 23055.96 24558.51 1502.55
CD 10138.67 10139.27 0.60
Total 308286.48 308690.76 404.28
Includes payments for Support’s tagging system, server colocation, premium shipping, premium reordering, Campfire, and the indexing fee (annual) for TWC.
2. Message from the Board of Directors: We are aware that there has been some concern about articles written by a staffer recently. Board understands that this concern extends beyond the org and into other fannish communities. We have reviewed the org’s policies and procedures with VolCom and Legal, and determined the staffer did not violate any of those policies or procedures, which we shared with the staffer. We support that staffer’s work for the org, and we appreciate and value that many of our staffers participate in other fannish venues, and we do not want staffers to feel that they cannot express their fannish interests in other places because of their association with the OTW.
1. Discussed the possibility of the Translation committee testing an external chat platform with the Translation co-chair.
2. Discussed the Board’s draft letter for the 2014 Annual Report.
3. Discussed how to proceed in a complaint against a staffer.
The meeting was adjourned at 21:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 3 February 2015.