ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
14 December 2013, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Ira Gladkova,
Kristen Murphy, Nikisha Sanders
GUESTS: hele, Lady Oscar
ABSENT: Cat Meier
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Update from Communications: Ira forwarded an update via e-mail earlier,
particularly regarding the video project and plans for 2014. Also,
Communications is planning to write up an annual report on the committee’s
activities, as they did last year, and post it to the wiki.
2. Update from Volunteers & Recruiting: sanders has a call scheduled with
Renay for this evening to discuss VolCom’s e-book library project., a possible proposal for a
policy about returning staff (those who’ve left and return later), and two
personnel situations. VolCom is also moving ahead with migrating the
3. Finance update:
Start of Term 6-Dec 14-Dec Difference from 6-14 Dec
BoA 47,251.14 143,821.34 142,206.34 (1,615.00)
PayPal 28,993.82 15,968.99 16,741.66 772.67
CD 10,083.52 10,117.16 10,117.16 0.00
Total 86,328.48 169,907.49 169,065.16 (842.33)
Server colocation was the major cost this week, along with Campfire and
bank fees for the remote deposit scanner.
4. Secretary update: There is currently one set of minutes out for a vote,
and there are seven outstanding, counting today’s; Kristen plans to finish
them all in the coming week.
5. Ira had been considering applying for one of the short-term Board seats
this year in order to help wrap up some of the projects we started this
term, but has decided not to do so. We discussed wrapping up/handing off
projects that Ira and Kristen have been working on, as their terms are
about to end.
6. We discussed and approved Strategic Planning reports on Grants,
Systems, and Wiki.
1. FYI from Abuse regarding a recent trend in abuse reports; no Board
action is required at present. The discussion did not include any
confidential details of specific Abuse cases.
2. Discussion of a confidential personnel issue.
The meeting was adjourned at 21:35 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 21 December 2013.