ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 11 July 2015, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Andrea Horbinski
• Cat Meier
• Eylul Dogruel
• Jessica Steiner
• Soledad Griffin
GUESTS: • Lady Oscar
ABSENT: M.J. MacRae
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved AO3 Documentation staff requests.
2. Approved minutes of 27 June 2015.
3. Signed a letter to the International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers protesting proposed changes to WHOIS privacy regulations which would greatly damage online anonymity.
4. Approved Support staff requests.
5. Approved Translation staff request.
6. Approved request from the Treasurer to subsidize her attendance at Geek Girl Con in Seattle to represent the OTW there.
7. Approved Communications staff request.
8. Approved proposal from Translation to adopt an additional chat tool for the committee’s work.
1. Voted unanimously to amend the OTW Bylaws (specifically, Article V §3) to reduce the number of Directors to seven.
2. Notice was given last week of a vote to amend Article V §15 of the OTW Bylaws, which deals with removal of Directors, in order to provide for removal of Directors by a vote of the Board of Directors itself. This vote will take place at the scheduled meeting on 1 August at 14:00 UTC.
3. Financial report:
27-Jun 7-Jul Change
Checking 232504.57 172928.97 -59575.60
PayPal 122050.11 123994.69 1944.58
CD 10142.21 10142.21 0.00
Total 364696.89 307065.87 -57631.02
The most substantial change was due to the server purchase at $57,724. The rest of the expenses came from restocking premiums, hosting, site support, Abuse/Support software ticketing systems.
4. The 2015 annual meeting of the Board of Directors has been scheduled for the first weekend in October in Vancouver, Canada. We’ve invited Strat Plan, DevMem, I&O, VolCom, and Legal to send representatives to join us. The agenda is tentatively set for implementation of the strategic plan and the 2016 budget.
1. Discussed hotel proposals for the annual meeting.
2. Discussed agenda for the annual meeting.
3. Discussed creating the budgeting process for fiscal 2015 and 2016, including potential advantages and drawbacks to adjusting the dates of the OTW’s fiscal year.
The meeting was adjourned at 16:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 21 July 2015.