ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 10 October 2015, 18:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Eylul Dogruel
• Jessica Steiner
• M. J. MacRae
• Soledad Griffin
ABSENT: Andrea Horbinski, Cat Meier
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved Translation staff request.
2. Approved equipment purchase for Treasurer.
3. Approved Systems request for equipment shipping costs if the vendor will not reimburse them.
4. Approved supplemental reimbursement for DevMem chair’s expenditures.
5. Approved AO3 Docs staff request.
6. Approved minutes of 4 September 2015.
1. Motion proposed and passed to designate $500 for finance-related tech and office supplies, as needed. The Treasurer will submit receipts for actual purchases, and develop a shredding policy for OTW financial records.
2. Discussion regarding items that will need to be discussed with incoming Directors immediately upon appointment. The entire Board, including incumbents, would probably benefit from a meeting with Legal for them to educate us regarding confidentiality and privilege.
3. Discussion regarding comments received through the October drive.
4. Budget status update: MJ was focusing on October drive this week but will contact Journal and Elections for clarification regarding their ongoing expenses, because they haven’t responded. Discussion of how to categorize various types of expenses for maximum clarity and good organization.
5. A meeting between DevMem, Comms, and Board should be set up as soon as possible after the drive to begin planning for the OTW’s 10th anniversary in 2017.
6. A meeting between DevMem, Elections, and Board should also be set up after the drive to determine finally the schedule for both drives and elections in a way that works in a rational and clear manner. This will impact the scheduling of the annual Board meeting as well. Discussion again of potential ways to set up annual meetings to integrate incoming directors in future years.
7. Documentation to start before the end of the term if at all possible: Board roles, Treasurer, President, grant guidelines etc. Discussion about potentially implementing annual training requirements for chairs and staff.
8. Discussion regarding initiating a CCAP process against a staffer.
9. Discussion of concerns about ensuring the validation of election results, which the Board ought to ensure as part of its governance responsibilities. The Board will follow up with Legal about instituting some kind of validation process for elections going forward with the new vendor, ideally beginning with the current election; ideally, the vendor would send duplicate results directly to the Legal committee.
The meeting was adjourned at 20:10 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 24 November 2015.