ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 6 June 2015, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Cat Meier
• Eylul Dogruel
• Jessica Steiner
• M. J. MacRae
• Soledad Griffin
GUESTS: • mumble
• Lady Oscar
ABSENT: Andrea Horbinski (scheduled)
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved the minutes of 18 April, 2 May, 9 May and 16 May 2015.
2. Approved proposal from Systems to purchase new servers for the Archive of Our Own.
3. Approved proposal for the AO3 Documentation workgroup to become a full-fledged committee.
4. Approved renewal of current Support ticket tracker for an additional six months in order to ensure ticket coverage until migration to new service.
5. Approved Legal exploring collaboration with the Re:create coalition in areas where our missions overlap.
6. Approved Amy Lowell to serve as co-chair of the Development & Membership committee.
7. Approved signing a letter to members of the U.S. Congress advocating for reforms to the DMCA exemption process.
1. Approved settlement with Whedonopolis in which they agree to disclaim the term “fandom” in their trademark application.
1. Discussed which committees to invite to send representatives to the annual meeting.
2. Discussed various administrative issues including Treasurer position description and tools.
3. Discussed communications with Legal about suggestion from Fanhackers chair to explore spinning off all or part of the project independently.
The meeting was adjourned at 19:30 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 26 June 2015.