ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 6 December 2014, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Andrea Horbinski
• Cat Meier
• Eylul Dogruel
• Jessica Steiner
• M. J. MacRae
• Soledad Griffin
GUESTS: • moonmagicks
• Amalia Blondet
• Crystal gryphon
• Elizabeth Jones
• penni lessone
• Priscilla Del Cima
• Sam Johnsson
• versta ik niet
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved minutes of 22 November.
1. Insurance update from sanders: Insurance is being sought for property and liability so we can place new servers. The holdup continues to be getting liability insurance; companies are hesitant to take us on because of the types of things we host. Our insurance brokers are still working on it.
2. Approved Cat Meier’s reappointment to fill the remainder of Franzeska Dickinson’s term on Board. Cat’s term will now be up at the end of 2015.
3. Approved 2015 officer slate: Eylul Dogruel will serve as President of the Board, and Nikisha Sanders and Andrea Horbinski will continue to serve as Treasurer and Secretary, respectively. Sanders will, however, no longer be on the Board, as her term ends in 2014.
4. Approved the Position Description for Secretary of the Board. It is now available on the internal wiki.
1. Meeting with Webs Chair to discuss Webs workflow and responsibilities, current status of the transformativeworks.org website, and future plans for its improvement. Both Board and Webs agree that site redesign and ensuring site stability are of paramount concern. DevMem is looking to migrate our CivicCRM install to external hosting, which will make managing the site much easier and also allow for the possibility of migrating the site from Drupal to WordPress.
2. Discussion of potential Board meeting times for 2015 and meeting conduct.
The meeting was adjourned at 16:50 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 18 December 2014.