ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
8 June 2013, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, sanders
GUESTS: Claudia Rebaza, Enigel
ABSENT: Maia Bobrowicz, Franzeska Dickson, Andrea Horbinski
DECISIONS SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. The Board sent thank-you messages to Volunteers & Recruiting for their work to revise the recruitment process; and to Development & Membership and other committees involved in the April membership drive for their work on that project.
2. Approved a request from Legal to sign onto an EFF amicus brief seeking rehearing of Hart v. Electronic Arts, a case involving the right of publicity.
3. Conditionally approved a request from the Webmasters committee to change its name to “Web Strategy, Design & Development” (Web for short), a name which better reflects the nature and scope of the committee’s work. We asked that they touch base with Accessibility, Design, & Technology as a courtesy given the similarity between the names.
4. Approved the induction of 3 new staff members for Web.
1. Financial update from sanders:
2. Claudia shared some statistics from Communications:
3. Kristen shared an update from DevMem: Planning for the Comic-Con event is moving forward and they expect to send a proposal for associated expenses within the next few days. The majority of the expense will be offset by donations.
Also, all of the premium shipping from the April drive is now finished! It was a big job this time around due to the volume of the drive: there were 88 packages that had to be sent by hand in addition to the ones that are sent by our vendor.
1. Confidential discussion of a personnel matter.
2. Discussion of Communications video project.
3. Discussion about a need to clarify expectations for intra-Board communication, particularly in situations where a specific Board member has been designated as the point person for communicating between the Board and other parties.
The meeting was adjourned at 21:30 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 29 June 2013.