ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
9 February 2013, 18:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Ira Gladkova, Maia Bobrowicz, sanders
GUESTS: Curtis Jefferson, FishieMishie, hele, james_, Jay Bee, Lady Oscar, matty, Suvi
ABSENT: Julia Beck (on hiatus), Kristen Murphy
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Board approved VolCom proposal on Organizational Tools (‘How to Request…’ resource page for the internal wiki to help guide organization personnel in requesting tasks and information)
- Systems and AD&T are working on some procedures on what to do in case of a critical bug (like the Ruby exploit that recently came up) that threatens the Archive.
- Open Doors’ second open house chat for 852 Prospect authors is tomorrow. They have been ironing out plans with one eFiction archive moderator, and will be meeting with another eFiction archive mod next week. They are also starting on an updated flyer for the Fan Culture Preservation Project, and are continuing to work on committee documentation.
- Volcom is working on documentation of the process for common requests to the committee.
- Tag Wranglers are engaged in the usual bug handling, and working on how to best handle ‘meta’ tags.
- Shout-out to Wiki for putting together a plan for the committee to identify committee needs, document everything, and proceed to recruit and train — this is a big step in helping the committee expand, grow, and get what it needs.
- Finance update as of 9-Feb:
- Strategic Planning continues to work on reports, which will be released shortly, if all goes according to plan.
- Request to Board for more detailed timeline for work related to Meta decision.
- Board discussed resignation of Julia Beck and whether to make an appointment to replace her to bring the Board back up to nine members. The decision was made not to fill Julia’s seat immediately and to recruit through the election process in September.
- Discussion of voting and quorum for an eight member Board to be held over email.
- Discussion of detailed timeline for Meta and how to communicate it.
The meeting was adjourned at 19:35 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on May 10 2013.