ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
2 February 2013, 21:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, sanders
GUESTS: gnieszka Siemienska, Claudia Rebaza, Elz, Enigel, FishieMishie, james_, Jay Bee, Jenn Calaelen, matty, Natalie, Sam Johnsson
ABSENT: Julia Beck (on hiatus), Maia Bobrowicz (on a road-trip)
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Board approved Fan Video & Multimedia committee and Chairs Tisha and Natacha
- Board started drafting “Annual Report Opening Letter and Goals Statement”
- Board tentatively approved an on-call Systems Admin subject to a more detailed proposal
- Open Doors put up the video and written import tutorials on the Open Doors website (with the help of Webmasters), and will be having an open house import chat in Public Discussion (together with Support) later today. They are also continuing to work on a more comprehensive archivist agreement, increasing documentation for committee processes, and getting details squared away for 852 Prospect.
- Translation has need for a third party space (a DW community or something of that sort) that they’d like to talk to the Board about. Board pointed at Comms and their newly agreed responsibility for 3rd party
- DevMem has tentatively scheduled the fund drive for April 10-16.
- Webmasters are talking about adopting a release calendar, meaning they would have a list of specific features and fixes they plan to work on in a given month and a targeted date for pushing them live.
- Journal blog reboot is nearing a milestone, namely renaming the blog URL.
- Strategic Planning is plugging along on reports – stay tuned for release of the first one, Tag Wrangling.
- Systems is working on new servers, and automating systems that will make future server installs go smoother.
- AD&T is working on deploys as usual. One current focus of work is on the import code, in addition to fixes and upgrades of Jquery and Ruby.
- Board discussed how best to communicate Meta decision.
- Board discussed scheduling Org-Wide meetings and how to make them more effective based on feedback from Strategic Planning: more focused topics.
The meeting was adjourned at 23:30 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on May 10 2013.