*ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS*
*MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING*
26 January 2013, 24:00 UTC
PRESENT: Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, sanders
GUESTS: Alison Watson, arrow, Curtis Jefferson, Elz, FishieMishie, hele, Lady Oscar, sunusn
ABSENT: Andrea Horbinski, Julia Beck (on hiatus), Maia Bobrowicz (on a road-trip)
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Board approved Systems expense and request to renegotiate a
1. Tag Wranglers are wrangling.
2. Strategic Planning is moving along as usual with Natalie getting oriented to things.
3. VolCom is working on their own annual report, progressing with recruitment revision and developing the sign up forms with web
4. Category Change is getting back to work for the new term
5. Comms has a meeting tomorrow
6. Abuse Spotlight has gotten some responses
7. Translation has concerns about google docs and would like some advice
8. Open Doors is reviewing import code that a volunteer recently wrote for eFiction archives (and starting import discussions with two different eFiction archive mods), discussing a more comprehensive archivist agreement, and preparing for the upcoming OD/Support open house chat
9. Finance says: PayPal: 28993.82, Bank of America: 47251.44, CD: 10083.52. FYI Certificates of Deposit are types of savings accounts designed as sort of long term accounts for high amounts of money.
1. Board approved a Google+ account (request from Comms)
2. Board approved Comms making future decisions about social media accounts
1. Comms to advise Board of new accounts to keep Board informed and discuss with the Board in the case of any conflicts.
2. Comms to coordinate accounts for OTW as a whole so one committee keeps track of them.
3. Board discussed draft of AO3 Roadmap – concern raised that not all committees have had an opportunity to contribute to be communicated to AD&T.
The meeting was adjourned at 02:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on May 10 2013.