ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
December 15, 2012, 20:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Maia Bobrowicz, Naomi Novik, sanders
GUESTS: Alison Watson, Curtis Jefferson, james_, Tiyire
ABSENT: Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved the creation of a new testing mailing list for AD&T.
2. Approved a monthly fee to set up a virtual LAN instead of paying for a dedicated switch.
3. Approved a ToS and FAQ revision.
1. Category Change has been working with the analysis of feedback. Their newest volunteer has done an awesome job doing some categorizing so now the group is busily discussing what they’ve got.
2. VolCom just sent an update to all chairs and Board about the recruitment revisions. The end of January is the projected end date for the current phase of the revision process.
3. Tag Wranglers as a committee are taking the term break away from meeting, but wranglers are back at work.
4. Finance Update: Current balances are Paypal: $21,242.41; Checking: $50,857.17; CD: $10,076.78
5. AD&T have got out a big deploy and a little one with lots of fixes and the new servers have been built and are on the way.
6. Francesca Coppa and Naomi Novik will be stepping down from the board effective Dec. 15. Maia Bobrowicz and Cat Meier will be coming on Board to fill the vacant spots.
7. Cat and Maia have been appointed to fill the remainder of Francesca’s and Naomi’s terms, as per the bylaws. Welcome.
8. Fanlore is currently having performance issues, but Systems is helping them and they hope to solve it this week, fingers crossed.
9. Board is reminded to confirm Wiki’s new chair for the term.
1. Discussed drafting announcement of new Board members.
2. Discussed and agreed on most Board liaison positions.
* Maia and Eylul will co-liaise with AD&T.
* Ira and Maia will co-liaise with Wiki.
* Cat will liaise with Comms.
3. Discussed role of Fanhackers in relation to Transformative Works and Cultures. Should it be separate? Discussion tabled pending reboot.
4. Tiyire approved as Wiki chair.
5. New Board members to update emergency contact details with Board.
The meeting was adjourned at 23:35 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on 24 August 2013.