ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
October 5th, 2012, 18:00 UTC
PRESENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Nikisha Sanders, Ira Gladkova, Francesca Coppa, Naomi Novik.
GUESTS: Eylul Dogruel, Curtis Jefferson, Elz, Matty, Tiyire, James_.
ABSENT: Julia Beck (on hiatus), Kristen Murphy.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Confirmed that committees cannot add any new staff until Volcom’s induction revamp is finished, and approved two new staff for Journal for after that.
- Discussed last day of term and agreed that official end of term will be 14th Dec, and 2013 term will start 11th January.
- Agreed that first org-wide of 2013 will be 26th Jan, and we will aim to make chair appointments before the end of term.
- Discussed a proposal from Open Doors for advance permission for buying specific domains for failing archives. This will be continued via email. We noted that earmarking donations for specific uses is complicated for Fincom, and has various implications for us as a nonprofit.
- Discussed overlap agenda for new board members.
- The Drupal update for Webmasters is moving along. There was a small hang up with CiviCRM and a module, but the good folks at our hosts are on it.
- Support have been carrying on as usual doing a sterling job.
- Translation have been thinking about ways to support volunteers better and increase their visibility and community.
- Tara’s going full steam ahead on chairing Grants and getting them back to regularly meeting.
- Volcom are still working on the revisions to induction, and getting close to a point of revealing what they’ve done.
- Tag Wranglers are continuing to work on the FAQs that go along with the public facing tag info, and working on guidelines for various things as they get inquiries.
- Discussed appointment for when Francesca steps down. The new person would be serving a one-year term, i.e. the remainder of Francesca’s term. Francesca discussed her future plans.
- Agreed that Francesca will step down officially on December 1st, though she may carry on with some projects in a volunteer role or as emerita board.
- Discussed a confidential committee issue, continuing from last meeting.
- Discussed the current status of the org-wide forums project.
The meeting was adjourned at 20:20 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on 13th October.