ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
September 29th, 2012, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, Nikisha Sanders.
GUESTS: James_, Eylul, Tuulia.
ABSENT: Julia Beck (on hiatus), Francesca Coppa, Naomi Novik.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- The website has been successfully transitioned to its new host, although we haven’t upgraded to Drupal 7 yet. We’re going to wait and do that after the membership drive because of the risk of breaking things.
- The membership drive is coming up October 6-10. A proposal for new premiums will be coming soon. As always, board members and others can support the drive by blogging/tweeting/etc. about it, and by donating. We plan to have some shiny new premiums available as incentives, including a 5th anniversary commemorative magnet.
- Sanders is writing a post on the org’s finances for the drive.
- The Category Change workgroup got applications for a Tag Wrangling volunteer to join their team and have made a selection.
- UK servers have a host and are being set up Monday.
- Tag Wrangling committee is building a series of tag related posts to keep explaining things. They’re also getting questions about how tag sets are working for Yuletide.
- We discussed the transition process for our newly elected board members.
- We agreed to ask Legal about why mailing list archives need to be wiped, to understand the best way to preserve key discussions for new board members.
- No major update on the ongoing discussions, as all board members have been swamped with other work.
- Abuse have had a big case recently, and wanted to discuss their authority and possible escalation paths. We affirmed Abuse’s full authority as described in the Archive Terms of Service, and encouraged them to use that full authority. Board are happy to support them with more people or tools as needed, but we don’t want to usurp their authority or confidentiality in decisions.
- Confidential committee update.
- We discussed the practical details of getting the new board members involved. New board members will attend open session on 5th Oct, and be introduced formally on 13th Oct. We’ll also have an introductory thread by email, as not everyone can make the same meeting times. We’ll do the same as last year in discussing goals for the year.
The meeting was adjourned at 15:55 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on 5th October.