ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
February 18, 2012, 15:00 UTC
PRESENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Naomi Novik, Kristen Murphy, Nikisha Sanders, Ira Gladkova, Francesca Coppa, Julia Beck, also Rebecca Tushnet for part of the meeting as Legal liaison to the board.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Translation staff approved
- Confidential legal decision made
- A proposal for an AO3 documentation workgroup is coming soon.
- Wiki forum proposal will be discussed with users soon, and then there will be a formal proposal to Board. A Fanlore forum could remain under Wiki committee or could form a new Forums workgroup if desired.
- Org-wide meeting date and format was discussed and agreed. New format will be communicated to committees with the announcement, along with an example of a new-style blurb.
- The concept of workgroups was discussed, and Volcom are encouraged to continue with their draft document. Julia will contact Strategic Plan and Documentation workgroup leads as examples to discuss the process.
- We will have a shorter board meeting on the weekend when we have org-wide.
- Confidential Legal matter discussed with Legal
- Confidential Abuse report discussed with Legal
- New staff member approved for Translation and pre-approved for Support
- Confidential potential committee tension discussed
The meeting was adjourned at 17:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 23rd February 2012.