ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
September 15, 2011, 00:30 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
ABSENT: Ira Gladkova
- Ada Lovelace Day is October 7. Kristen volunteered to coordinate an org-wide post like the ones from previous years.
- Francesca presented the revised Fan Video and Multimedia web pages for Board approval. Board members were asked to raise any issues with the drafts by September 17; silence will be taken as approval.
- Brief discussion of the concept that “we’re not a government, we’re a toolkit.”
- We voted unanimously to approve the draft questions for the External Survey.
- Francesca reported on a possible opportunity in the academic sector, which was enthusiastically received by the Board. Francesca will report back when more information is available.
- The proposal from Jenny Scott-Thompson that we form a cross-committee workgroup to help staff and volunteers locate training opportunities outside the organization was discussed and approved.
- Confidential discussion of the 2011 board election and of the office of Treasurer.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:35 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on September 19, 2011.