ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
February 16, 2011, 2:00 UTC
PRESENT: Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa, Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
ABSENT: Rachel Barenblat
- The minutes from February 9 were unanimously approved via e-mail.
- March drive dates: Ira shared potential holiday conflicts via e-mail. Allison will ask DevMem to suggest alternative dates for discussion at the next Board meeting.
- FYI from Allison: VolCom’s new database has been installed. Since the content of the old database is not exportable, VolCom will manually enter information into the new database.
- Francesca is consulting with Legal and Open Doors to establish a policy regarding donations of scanned zines to the Fan Culture Preservation Project.
- Francesca reported that Vidding is contemplating breaking out their website content into a vidding subsite. Such a site would promote fan video in a broad sense (e.g., AMVs, trailers, machinima) while emphasizing the OTW’s expertise in vidding advocacy and scholarship.
- Confidential staffing discussion; Francesca and Allison to follow up.
- Confidential item from Journal.
- We discussed the preparation of the 2010 annual report.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:25 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on February 18, 2011.