Position Title: TWC Review Editor
Organization name: Organization for Transformative Works
Reports to: TWC Chair
Term: 1 year
Time requirements: Continuous availability to answer email, 0-3 hours of work per week
Role Overview: Transformative Works and Cultures is an international peer-reviewed Gold Open Access online publication about fan-related topics, promoting dialogue between the academic community and fan communities. A Review editor selects relevant academic books in the field, assigns a book reviewer to write a review for each book, follows up with the reviewers, and edits the reviews for publication.
- Keep an eye out for new academic books for TWC contributors to review.
- Contact press to receive review copies.
- Find book reviewers.
- Maintain frequent and steady contact with review authors.
- Peer review, edit, and provide formal feedback to review authors throughout revisions.
- Communicate with Journal editors about progress.
- 3+ years graduate studies in a field related to fan studies experience required (at least ABD level desirable).
Skills and attributes:
- Proactive in networking in the fan community to find potential reviewers.
- Approachability and quick turnaround for inquiries.
- Able to communicate in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Time management skills.
- Review editors will be trained in committee tools and Open Journal Systems.