Position Title: TWC Assistant Editor
Reports to: TWC Editor
Time Requirements: Approximately 1 hour a week
Term: 1 Year
Role overview: Assistant Editors will assist with the editorial review of new submissions, the peer-review process, and communication with authors.
- Perform editorial review of new submissions.
- Research potential scholars to find suitable peer reviewers.
- Correspond with authors and peer reviewers.
- Track due dates and follow up with unresponsive authors.
- Finish tasks by proposed deadlines.
- Maintain author and reviewer confidentiality.
- Liaise with other stakeholders, such as the Production Editor, to ensure timely publication of issues.
- Master’s degree required.
- Applicants should be senior PhD students (ABD) or early career scholars (fewer than 5 years post-PhD).
- Applicants should have a record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Applicants need not be native speakers of English but must be competent in academic prose in English.
- Previous editorial experience is appreciated but not required.
Skills and attributes:
- Proficiency in academic writing in English.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete projects within a set time period.
- Ability to deal in a professional manner with authors and scholars.