MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
February 8, 2014, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Anna Genoese, Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, sanders
GUESTS: Claudia Rebaza, james_, Lady Oscar, Elz, Enigel
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Board approved meeting minutes
2. Board approved 3 new staffers for Communications.
3. Board approved 4 new staffers for Translation.
- The payments for the week were routine, Survey Monkey for SP, Basecamp and Campfire, premium shipping, bank fee for the Remote Deposit scanner
- Amazon Web and a small fee from one of our server colo places that’s an adjustment for the exchange rate, I believe.
- For income, we had $865 via Paypal, $41.18 in fees on those donations. Those came from 69 separate donations, 3 via the website, and the remaining 66 from recurring subscription donations, at an average of $12.50 per donation, which is normal for a non-drive month, and about half of the average for a drive month.
2. Committee Updates
- SP has released 3 new reports and plans to recruit 2 new staffers
- Comms has taken over the <a href=”http://www.linkedin.com/company/organization-for-transformative-works?trk=top_nav_home”>Linked In account</a>
- Comms Chair updated the room on the event planning for the 1 millionth fanwork
- The new servers are all powered on and known to be working.
- The 4 systems running archive code are in production and running well.
- The other 2 older systems have been reinstalled with an updated version of the operating system and returned to service.
- We have migrated our database system to one of the new database server and this has helped with the archive melting down.
- Work on migrating to mysql cluster continues but will take some time.
3. Docs Project
- Board agrees the President and Director position descriptions are acceptable
- Next step is to send President to Chairs and put Director on wiki
- Next week we will be discussing Diversity Guidelines, the Board-Personnel communications, and the Secretary position description.
1. Board edits post about org issues and agrees to release it to Comms.
2. Board discusses all-org meetings and agrees to move the discussion to email.
Minutes approved by the Board 15 February 2014.