ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
30 November 2013, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Ira Gladkova,
Kristen Murphy, Nikisha Sanders
GUESTS: Enigel, james_, Lady Oscar
ABSENT: Cat Meier
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved two new staffers for Wiki.
1. Development & Membership and Web Strategy, Design, & Development have
both been going through the Strategic Planning survey process.
2. Volunteers & Recruiting is moving toward wrapping up work for this term
and will be taking some downtime in December/January.
3. Finance update:
Start of Term 15-Nov 30-Nov Difference from 15-30 Nov
BoA 47,251.14 143,918.97 144,593.41 674.44
PayPal 28,993.82 13,577.41 14,437.03 859.62
CD 10,083.52 10,113.73 10,117.16 3.43
Total 86,328.48 167,610.11 169,147.60 1,537.49
Expenses were routine and on the small end: server monitoring software,
Quickbooks, and premium shipping.
4. We shared a photo of the Board from the recent Meetup Of Our Own in
5. Status update on Board Documentation Project. We discussed documents
that will need more feedback before they move on to the review stage.
Everyone should check on the docs they’ve already sent for review.
6. Discussion of Board meeting scheduling and outstanding tasks for the
rest of the year.
7. Discussion of forthcoming election update posts.
8. Tag Wrangling staff are currently discussing ways to streamline and
organize their work for next term, which is a pretty huge and impressive
thing. sanders will be asking them to share some of that progress with
Board when they have time. The Board is still reviewing some closed
session issues about the committee and personnel concerns. sanders
believes the roadmap the TW staff are considering for next term will help
address a lot of those concerns.
1. Discussed revisions and the posting schedule for election updates.
2. Discussed the status of the Fan Video and Multimedia committee;
discussion to continue via e-mail.
3. Discussion of a confidential personnel issue.
The meeting was adjourned at 21:40 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 21 December 2013.