ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 29 November 2015, 20:00 UTC
PRESENT: Eylul Dogruel, Andrea Horbinski, Jessica Steiner, Cat Meier, Soledad Griffin, M.J. MacRae
GUESTS: Betsy Rosenblatt, Heidi Tandy, Rachael Vaughn
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Accepted the resignations of Eylul Dogruel, Jessica Steiner, Soledad Griffin, M.J. MacRae, Cat Meier, and Andrea Horbinski from the Board of Directors, effective 15 December 2015. M.J. MacRae, Andrea Horbinski, and Eylul Dogruel have also resigned from their officer positions (Treasurer, Secretary, and President, respectively), effective the same date. Andrea Horbinski has declined her appointment for the 2016 term that the Board approved in the previous meeting, as have those directors (M.J. MacRae, Soledad Griffin, Jessica Steiner) who were elected to officer positions for the 2016 term.
2. The incoming directors, Matty Bowers and Atiya Hakeem, have indicated their willingness to be inducted early and will be transitioned onto the Board as overlap directors in advance of the 2015 Board’s effective date of resignation. (The 2016 Board term was to have begun on 1 January, with no overlap, per the Board’s decision in 2014.) The current directors are working with Legal, VolCom, and the incoming directors in order to ensure the execution of their fiduciary responsibilities until the handover and the stability of the OTW’s governance throughout.
3. Approved the minutes of 19 and 26 September, 10, 18, and 25 October, and 8 and 22 November.
1. Discussion of various concerns relating to the handover and transition for the incoming directors with the representatives of the Legal committee present, including possible revisions to the OTW’s policies and procedures to optimize the transition and organizational operations into the future.
2. Legal requested an additional item be added to the draft 2016 budget.
3. Discussion of remaining outstanding administrative issues, including final updates to draft budget.
4. Approved the minutes of 29 November.
The meeting was adjourned at 22:20 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 29 November 2015.