ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 27 June 2015, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Andrea Horbinski
• Eylul Dogruel
• M. J. MacRae
• Soledad Griffin
• Jessica Steiner
GUESTS: • Lady Oscar
ABSENT: Cat Meier
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved staff requests from the Open Doors committee.
2. Approved staff requests from the Elections committee.
3. Set goal for October fundraising drive at $175,000 USD.
4. Approved collaboration with the HP Alliance on the Fanworks Are Fair Use project.
5. Approved the minutes of 6 and 12 June 2015.
1. Finance report from 18 June:
18-Jun 27-Jun Change
Checking 235665.47 232504.57 -3160.90
PayPal 121335.78 122050.11 714.33
CD 10141.6 10142.21 0.61
Total 367142.85 364696.89 -2445.96
Expenses since 30 May Report:
$5993.80 drive checks deposit, server hosting, mail forwarding, premium shipping, analytics for AO3, Survey Monkey, server upgrade part 1, SSL certificate renewal, Quickbooks, domain preservation hosting, donor database service, Support and Abuse ticketing service, Campfire, Basecamp, software for Elections.
Server upgrade part 2 will show up on next week’s report at approximately $51K.
2. Notice is hereby given of a vote to amend Article V §3 of the OTW bylaws to reduce the number of the directors on the OTW Board to seven, from the current nine. This vote will take place in two weeks’ time, at the scheduled meeting on 11 July at 14:00 UTC.
1. Discussed financial tools and outstanding administrative issues.
2. Discussed logistics for the annual meeting in Vancouver.
3. Discussed request from Fanhackers chair to explore spinning off all or part of the project independently.
The meeting was adjourned at 16:15 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 2 July 2015.