ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 22 November 2014, 14:00 UTC
- Andrea Horbinski
- Cat Meier
- Eylul Dogruel
- Jessica Steiner
- M. J. MacRae
- Nele Noppe
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved request from Legal to file another amicus brief in Garcia v. Google.
2. Approved minutes of 15 November.
3. Approved Curtis Jefferson as co-chair of Volunteers & Recruiting.
15-Nov-14 22-Nov-14 Change
Checking 282614.48 282120.98 -493.50
PayPal 12862.72 14218.16 1355.44
CD 10137.48 10138.08 0.60
Total 305614.68 306477.22 862.54
Expenses: Payments to analytics for AO3, Quickbooks, UPS store for mail forwarding.
2. Approved revised draft of Secretary position description to be sent to Volunteers & Recruiting and Legal for feedback.
3. Voted to abolish the Elections Officer position; these duties will be filled by the Chair of the Elections committee with the committee’s support.
1. Update from Sanders on additional insurance coverage.
2. Update from Volunteers & Recruiting on prospective policy decision.
3. Discussion of prospective duties for administrative assistant to the Board of Directors. Andrea, the current Secretary, will draw up a first draft of the job description in the next two weeks in order to ensure minimal overlap between the two positions.
4. Discussion about following up with Webs and Systems re: technical emails (website status and drive premium fulfillment, respectively).
5. Discussion of how to proceed in a confidential personnel issue.
The meeting was adjourned at 16:16 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 30 November 2014.