ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 18 October 2015, 18:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Andrea Horbinski
• Cat Meier
• Eylul Dogruel
• Jessica Steiner
• M. J. MacRae
• Soledad Griffin
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved the minutes of 29 August 2015 and the annual meeting in Vancouver (2, 3, 4 October 2015).
1. Impromptu Q&A with staff and volunteers waiting for the elections chat about details in the minutes of the annual meeting in Vancouver.
1. Discussion of how to handle CCAP complaint against a staffer.
2. Discussion of elections oversight discussion with Legal.
3. Report from Andrea about meeting with outside counsel.
4. Report from Andrea about meeting with institution in the Bay Area about possibility of co-hosting a conference there in 2017 Q3 in conjunction with the OTW’s 10th anniversary.
5. Discussion of fundraising drive and problems with donation database vendor (our provider had a lot of downtime during the fundraising drive, and we would have met our fundraising goal had this not been the case). DevMem chairs are currently actively exploring possibilities for a new vendor, with the intention that we will switch providers before the next drive. That said, we are so proud of the Development & Membership committee for their hard work, and are very pleased with the drive overall. In terms of good news, the secondary payment processor which we adopted during the drive seems to have worked very well.
6. Treasurer updates: MJ has sent check information from Q2 to DevMem staff and is talking with Legal about various financial questions, including opening an additional account at another financial institution.
7. Discussion of bylaws provisions.
8. Update from Webs chair on migrating the website: Webs has two preliminary quotes from migration providers.
9. Approved request from Systems to buy an additional SSL certificate for the Archive.
10. Discussion of scheduling meetings for the remainder of the year.
The meeting was adjourned at 20:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 29 November 2015.