ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 14 August 2015, 02:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Andrea Horbinski
• Cat Meier
• Jessica Steiner
• M. J. MacRae
• Eylul Dogruel
GUESTS: • sanders
ABSENT: Soledad Griffin
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved I&O staff request.
1. Finance update
PayPal Primary: 123,110.14; PayPal Secondary: 1328.95; Checking: 164,154.76; CD: 10142.79, with standard monthly expenses clearing
The most significant purchase activity outside of monthly bills was the server purchase. We’ll have payments being made over the next week or so for the annual meeting, and a couple of reimbursement requests to fill.
2. Voted unanimously to amend Article V §15 of the OTW bylaws to provide for removal of directors by a vote of the Board, as well as to clarify the rights of the membership with respect to removal of directors. This vote requires an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation, which the Board will now proceed with.
3. Discussed proposed change to the elections process, under which the cut-off for new members being able to vote in the annual election will be 30 September. Elections is looking to institute this change as soon as possible.
1. Discussed logistics for the annual meeting in Vancouver.
2. Discussed how to handle a complaint against a staffer.
3. Discussed answers to questions from Strategic Planning clarifying points in the draft strategic plan.
The meeting was adjourned at 04:30 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 29 August 2015.