ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 10 January 2015, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Cat Meier
• Eylul Dogruel
• Jessica Steiner
• M. J. MacRae
• Curtis Jefferson
• Karin Chang
• Lady Oscar
• Nerine Luna Cyran
• Scott S
ABSENT: Andrea Horbinski (time zone difference)
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved Elliot Oberholtzer to serve as chair of the Strategic Planning committee following the previous chair’s resignation in December.
2. Approved re-ordering two donor premiums from our vendor in order to fulfill donor premium selections from October 2014 fundraising drive.
3. Approved proposal from Systems to increase Archive of Our Own bandwidth in two phases: once immediately, and again when needed (anticipated before the end of 2015).
1. 20-Dec-14 10-Jan-15 Change
Checking 278596.99 275091.85 -3505.14
PayPal 19702.92 23055.96 3353.04
CD 10138.08 10138.67 0.59
Total 308437.99 308286.48 -151.51
Expenses: RT system for Support & Abuse, Quickbooks, Premium shipping, colocation, analytics program for AO3, Campfire and Basecamp, Survey Monkey, Webs support. We’re down 151.51 overall, with expenses mostly balanced out by income over the past three weeks. The biggest expense, as usual for the start of the month, was colocation.
2. The Archive committees, led by Systems and AD&T, have been battling spammers on the AO3 since before the New Year. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this issue, especially translators for getting the info posts up on short notice.
1. Approved sarken to serve as co-chair of AD&T on the condition that AD&T develops a chair training plan that is approved by Volunteers & Recruiting.
2. Discussed the status of acquiring liability insurance to place new servers and future steps to deal with this issue.
3. Discussed response to Webs re: committee tools.
4. Discussed response to emails about concerns from members and others outside OTW about a staff member.
The meeting was adjourned at 21:25 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 12 January 2015.