ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 9 May 2015, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Andrea Horbinski
• Cat Meier
• Eylul Dogruel
• M. J. MacRae
• Soledad Griffin
GUESTS: • james_
• Katie Fitzpatrick
• Lady Oscar
ABSENT: Jessica Steiner
1. A huge round of thanks to the DevMem, Translation, and Communications committees as well as all the other staff and volunteers who helped to make the May fundraising drive a success–we raised over $100,000 USD, exceeding our goal.
2. Questions about the status of the draft server proposal, which has not yet been sent to the Board.
3. Thanks to all the committees who have been sending in their monthly status reports in line with the new procedures. The Board will be following up with committees who haven’t been submitting reports in order to make sure that we have the information we need.
1. Discussion of how to proceed in a complaint against a staffer.
2. Discussion of the duties of the Treasurer and how to structure the position so that those responsibilities are not too burdensome for a volunteer and that necessary tasks are handled by people with the necessary expertise.
3. Brief review of the legal and tax issues raised in the most recent conference call about the Journal proposal for an open source press.
4. Discussion of potential additional logistical services to adopt in order to improve Board record keeping and organizational oversight.
The meeting was adjourned at 16:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 20 May 2015.