ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING 8 August 2015, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: • Andrea Horbinski
• Cat Meier
• Eylul Dogruel
• Soledad Griffin
• M. J. MacRae
• Jessica Steiner
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved minutes of 11 July 2015.
2. Approved joining the “Save the Link” Network to collaborate with Open Media and more than 80 other groups working to defend the right to link globally.
3. Approved AO3 Docs staff request.
4. Approved WSDD request to rent a virtual private server for website testing.
5. Approved OTW signing a letter to the U.S. Congress written by the re:Create coalition advocating for copyright modernization.
6. Approved Trey as Translation co-chair and Claire P. Baker as AO3 Documentation co-chair.
1. Approved additional purchases for AO3 (ethernet card, SSL certificate).
2. Discussed revival of Fan Video & Multimedia committee, and how to support its remaining staffer in restaffing the committee with appropriate documentation and goals.
3. Discussed hotel arrangements for the annual meeting in Vancouver.
4. Discussed potential academic collaboration request sent via I&O; declined at this time due to the OTW’s limited capacity to absorb a large number of student volunteers at once.
The meeting was adjourned at 15:30 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 28 August 2015.