ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
5 October 2013, 0:00 UTC
PRESENT: Cat Meier, Franzeska Dickson, Kristen Murphy, Nikisha Sanders
GUESTS: Alison Watson, Lady Oscar
ABSENT: Eylul Dogruel, Ira Gladkova, Andrea Horbinski
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Approved a new staffer for Open Doors.
2. Approved a request from Legal to submit comments on the US Department
of Commerce’s Internet Policy Task Force Green Paper on Copyright Policy,
Creativity, and Innovation in the Digital Economy.
1. Update from Development & Membership: The membership drive is in its
fourth day and going well. So far we’ve brought in $30,437 from 1,250
donations. That’s pretty similar to last time — by the end of the fourth
day of the April drive we’d brought in $33,593.03 from 1,251 donations.
All the DevMem staffers are doing a wonderful job fielding questions from
donors, and Claudia has done great work helping us with drive posts,
including putting together a last-minute post asking fans to submit
personal stories for Legal, which we were really happy to be able to help
promote as part of the drive. The drive will be going on for 3 more days.
Previous October drives have historically brought in about half to
two-thirds as much as the March/April drives, so it’s particularly
exciting that this one is closely keeping up with April’s so far.
2. Translation wants to give kudos to AD&T. They’re testing some
third-party software that could help Translation’s work on AO3. If things
look promising, Board will get a proposal from Translation (since this is
a third-party product).
3. Discussion of outstanding documents for Phase 1 of the Board
Documentation Project, and reminder to review the proposed prioritization
for Phase 2.
4. Approved the text of the thank-you note for Category Change.
5. Discussion of directors having other roles in the org. We’re in general
agreement that directors having no other staff roles is a good long-term
goal, and several of the policies being developed as part of the Board
Documentation Project address this issue.
1. Discussion of Communications video project.
2. Discussion of preparations for in-person Board meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 02:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 28 December 2013.