MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
March 8, 2014, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Franzeska Dickson, Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, sanders
GUESTS: Claudia Rebaza, Helka Lantto, Lady Oscar, james_,
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Committee updates
- Web added the languages sidebar back to the website at the request of translation
- Web started having bi-weekly all staff meetings again, as well as smaller working meetings, and have been answering tickets and working on their documentation project
- Systems is working on ao3 servers, retiring tao, and looking into database support options that should be coming toward us as a proposal very soon now.
- Support is interviewing potential new staff. Along with Abuse, the committee is working on finding an alternative to 16 Bugs (their current ticeting system).
- VolCom: currently working on review of recruiting request documentation; policy on hiatuses; internal committee policies; and annual report
- Tag Wranglers: business as usual, along with continuing to work on internal policies and documentation.
- Translation: Reviewing old transformativeworks.org translations, training their new people, and revisiting some policies in light of increased team sizes (e.g. whether they want to translate more types of content and increasing the number of betas a translation gets).
2 Finance updates
- the bulk of the expenses are Campfire and Basecamp, Survey Monkey for SP, and Amazon Web Services
3. Docs Project
- President doc sent out to All Chairs for review
- Election Officer role needs help
1. Board approved thank-you notes to be sent to Archive-related committees
2. Board discussed a staff issue
3. Board discussed and voted on a confidential Board issue
Minutes approved by the Board 16 March 2014.