ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
18 May 2013, 19:00 UTC
PRESENT: Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, sanders
GUESTS: Ariana, bingeling, briar_pipe, C. Ryan Smith, Claudia Rebaza, Elz, Emilie Karr, Enigel, Highlander II, james_, Jenn Calaelen, matty, Qem, Sam Johnsson, sarken, Scott S
ABSENT: Andrea, Cat, Maia (3am)
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Drafted and approved some of the outstanding minutes for publication on the OTW website.
2. Approved new staff
1. DevMem is planning an event during San Diego Comic-Con and will be sending an internal message to find out which staff/volunteers might be in the area and willing to participate.
2. Comms has new staffers and is looking at new projects now they can support them. One of the ongoing projects is working together with Wiki on a celebration of their 25,000 articles milestone.
3. Finance Update
|2 Feb||4 May||18 May|
4. Volunteers & Recruiting has put a formal proposal for developing chair and lead training before the Volcom committee for discussion. There will be further cross-committee consultation and final Board approval. An internal training plan for the committee is also in the works. VolCom has recruited for AO3 Documentation, Communications, Support and Tag Wrangling with further recruitment planned.
5. All-Org meeting tentatively scheduled for the weekend of the 31 May – 2 June. The proposed topic is a presentation by the Category Change workgroup, subject to availability.
1. Drafted thank you notes in recognition of committee work
2. Approved a request from Webmasters, subject to cross-committee discussion first.
3. Discussed status of an internal Communications project.
4. Discussed advising several committees (AD&T, Support, Tag Wrangling) on need to form a workgroup for a multi-stakeholder committee project.
The meeting was adjourned at 21:30 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 11 June 2013.