ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
11 May 2013, 00:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Cat Meier, Franzeska Dickson, Kristen Murphy
GUESTS: C. Ryan Smith, Jay Bee, Lady Oscar
ABSENT: Eylul Dogruel, Ira Gladkova, Maia Bobrowicz, sanders
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- The Archive of Our Own was named one of the “50 Best Websites 2013” by TIME.com. Drafted a message to send to staff and volunteers, forwarded to Comms for publicizing.
- Discussion of whether Board is required to approve all OTW staff. According to the OTW Bylaws as of now, this is required.
- Diversity Statement is available for internal comment until May 17 (accidentally posted to the live Archive during yesterday’s deploy, but that’s been rolled back).
- Open Doors is cleaning up loose ends from the 852 Prospect import.
- DevMem is working on job descriptions and continuing to follow up on the April drive.
- Discussion of topic and time for next Org-Wide meeting – email to all-chairs for suggestions.
- Review of Board minutes drafted thus far
- The editor of the upcoming Smart Pop Books book on fanfiction: wants to donate a portion of her author proceeds to the OTW and wishes to know if we would like an acknowledgment in the fine print somewhere in the book. Preliminary decision is yes.
Not enough Board members for quorum, meeting conducted in Open Session.
The meeting was adjourned at 02:30 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 11 June 2013.