ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
16 February 2013, 00:00 UTC
PRESENT: Cat Meier, Franzeska Dickson, Kristen Murphy
GUESTS: Agnieszka Siemienska, Alison Watson, arrow, Curtis Jefferson, Elz, james_, matty, Nele Noppe
ABSENT: Andrea, Eylul, Ira, Maia, sanders
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Resignation of Julia Beck confirmed for 19th February 2013
- Maia agreed to serve a 2-year term (2013 and 2014)
- Confirmation of Annual Report draft timeline with Comms
- DevMem and Communications are talking about working together to identify and revise outdated content on the website.
- Kristen has been talking with mumble about ways to improve our fundraising outreach on AO3
- Franzeska has talked to our prospective Vidding leads. They’re eager to get started as committee chairs and have some ideas about projects, are happy to hold regular meetings.
- The Category Change workgroup had their first meeting of the new term and are well into the process of putting together their first proposal draft. So that should be going out internally somewhat soon.
- Content Policy is busily putting together a first draft of the TOS/FAQ changes necessary to host meta, with the assistance and input of the affected committees.
Communications put out the first public announcement of the meta decision and they’ve been super-busy with the Annual Report, finalizing the timeline of events from last year and just submitted that to the Board for review.
- Org-Wide meeting is scheduled for February 23 at 00:00 UTC, with Cat as the host. The topic for this week is going to be “What would you like the org-wide meetings to look like in the future?”
- Vidding committee reforming – proposed chairs and new committee name to go to vote for formal Board approval.
- Discussion of current state of Meta discussion – ongoing!
The meeting was adjourned at 01:25 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 11 June 2013