ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
26 January 2013, 24:00 UTC
PRESENT: Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, sanders
GUESTS: Alison Watson, arrow, Curtis Jefferson, Elz, FishieMishie, hele, Lady Oscar, sunusn
ABSENT: Andrea Horbinski, Julia Beck (on hiatus), Maia Bobrowicz (on a road-trip)
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Board approved Systems expense and request to renegotiate a service contract
- Tag Wranglers are wrangling.
- Strategic Planning is moving along as usual with Natalie getting oriented to things.
- VolCom is working on their own annual report, progressing with recruitment revision and developing the sign up forms with web
- Category Change is getting back to work for the new term
- Comms has a meeting tomorrow
- Abuse Spotlight has gotten some responses
- Translation has concerns about google docs and would like some advice
- Open Doors is reviewing import code that a volunteer recently wrote for eFiction archives (and starting import discussions with two different eFiction archive mods), discussing a more comprehensive archivist agreement, and preparing for the upcoming OD/Support open house chat
- Finance says: PayPal: 28993.82, Bank of America: 47251.44, CD: 10083.52. FYI Certificates of Deposit are types of savings accounts designed as sort of long term accounts for high amounts of money.
- Board approved a Google+ account (request from Comms)
- Board approved Comms making future decisions about social media accounts
- Comms to advise Board of new accounts to keep Board informed and discuss with the Board in the case of any conflicts.
- Comms to coordinate accounts for OTW as a whole so one committee keeps track of them.
- Board discussed draft of AO3 Roadmap – concern raised that not all committees have had an opportunity to contribute to be communicated to AD&T.
The meeting was adjourned at 02:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on May 10 2013.